Holidays Here We Come!

My children LOVE Christmas.  They started asking to get the decorations out of the attic the day after Halloween.  This weekend we pulled many treasured memories out of the attic and started decorating. We are borrowing tons of my mom's decorations since she has smaller place right now.  Although she'll get them all back - it's actually really fun to follow in her footsteps of making our home a warm and inviting holiday haven.  My mom always decorated our home with love and it's fun to see my kids enjoy it as much as I did growing up.

We've already watched Polar Express (TWICE), and they wanted to write about decorating for the holidays during their writing time today.  So, we have Christmas music playing and they are wrapped in blankets writing in their journals on the floor.

Now that we're entering the holiday season, I'm sure I'll stray from our formal lessons and try to incorporate more fun and seasonal activities with the kids.  I also really want to plan to visit my grandparents as well.  I'm so blessed that my grandparents are a big part of my kids' lives.  Juliette still needs to meet Nanny, Mimi and Papaw :).  Jerrell won't be able to come with us during the week, but we just may have to make a short trip during the week to coincide with one of Jerrell's planned trips.

One of the biggest reasons I'm excited about homeschooling is that we can pick up and go with our books and spend time with the ones we love!  I look forward to posting many fun crafts and memories over the next several weeks!  We have so many blessings to count this year.


Comments