Homeschooling when kids are sick...

In case anyone was wondering - (because I was before I started this journey)... it stinks.  We're going on almost 2 weeks of an interrupted schedule and I feel like very little "learning" has been happening around here.  Containing vomit (I HATE that word!) and decontaminating the bathrooms 10 times a day has become the 2nd priority to caring for my illing* kiddos.  School seems to be very far down on my list of priorities this week because Christmas gifts don't buy themselves.  (Thank goodness for amazon!)  Of course the kids got the stomach bug in stages, so when Joelle was bouncing off the walls, Jacob was lamenting that he ever got sick in the first place.  Now this week Joelle is crying that we (mom and dad)  are only loving on Juliette and not her while Jacob is running up and down the hallway.

Now before I go any further, I must stop and give KUDOS and LOVE to my mother-in-law, Wendy, because I would actually be pulling my hair out if she hadn't helped me out this week.  When we still thought Joelle was on the mend - the kids spent the night with them so that I could go to Bible study the next day.  This was Tuesday - the only day that both kids were feeling well... and I was sick this day.  That's just the way it goes, but I'm so thankful that I was feeling better and got to recharge with some extra special time with Juliette and  Bible study with my friends.

Today was still not to normal, but hopefully tomorrow will be.  And if tomorrow isn't - then maybe the next day :).  I'm beginning to think that I may need to adjust my idea of "normal".  If I don't adjust my expectation of normal, I may be disappointed/discouraged more than needed.

*illing is not a verb, but my dad always said this and I love it!  We made up a lot of words in our family and I treasure our uniqueness.

Comments

  1. Hope everyone is healthy soon--and stays healthy through the rest of the year! And I agree--I have always absolutely HATED the "V" word too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment